Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Unemployed and in Great Shape

"On the morning I lost my job, rendering me unemployed for the first time since I graduated from college in 1984, I left a teary voice mail for my husband. I drank beer with my newly jobless colleagues at lunch. I made obsessive financial calculations in my head. Then I spied the untouched gym bag under my desk (the one that hadn't made it to the gym in weeks) and had an epiphany: ‘Now I can get in great shape!’ Not just great shape but really incredible shape. Sarah Jessica Parker shape. Now after a summer of working out, I've begun working professionally again. But, in large part because of the reinvigoration I felt pursuing my fitness fantasies, I make time in my new schedule to get to the gym. Not every day, alas, but two or three times a week (plus those weekend runs), which is light-years better than what I used to manage. Even a...

http://www.forbes.com/2009/12/15/forbes-women-unemployment-fitness-workout-running-gym.html

No comments: