Choosing the right exercise program is one of the first steps toward sticking with your exercise goals. Try these suggestions to make exercise a tough habit to break, provided by the American Academy of Family Physicians:
· Plan to exercise at a certain time every day, so it becomes part of your schedule.
· Write up and sign a contract, where you agree to exercise.
· Mark your calendar with a daily appointment for exercise.
· Keep a diary of all of your exercises. Log everything you do, and your progress.
· Have your doctor write out an exercise prescription, including how much exercise you should do and how often.
· Try joining a health club or gym. Paying a membership fee may prompt you to get your money's worth and go more frequently.