Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Queen Latifah Achieves Weight-Loss Goal

“After signing on to be a Jenny Craig spokeswoman in January, Queen Latifah has shed a few pounds and is continuing her mission of encouraging others to lead a healthy lifestyle. The Mad Money star, 38, who is known for embracing her curves, said her weight-loss goal wasn't ‘about getting skinny.’ ‘My intention was to lose five to 10 percent of my body weight because it makes a difference with health related issues, and I achieved that goal in a couple of months,’ she told PEOPLE at the first annual National Awards & Recognition Luncheon for The League recently. ‘I'm excited about this weight loss.’ In addition to following the Jenny Craig program, the singer-actress hit the gym five to seven days a week, switching between the treadmill or elliptical machine for an hour. ‘My jeans are looser, I feel more energetic,’ she said of shedding the weight. ‘People dig it. They come up to me and say 'I'm glad you're talking about the health side of it.' People get that message, which is important too.’”

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20207156,00.html

No comments: