Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Laid Off And Looking

“Food and drink is all well and good, but the most important element to a healthy body and mind during the job search is exercise. I’ve gone through alternating periods of frequent and less-frequent exercise during my professional life. I’m the furthest thing from a fitness compulsive. As I write this I know that I should be getting more exercise than I do, but I just can’t overemphasize how important exercise has been for me. Firstly, there is no better way to break up the job search monotony and intense focus on one’s PC screen than by hiking up the nearby mountains or spending an hour in the gym. Second, much like with eating unprocessed food, I’m constantly thinking about ways to stay healthy during...

http://blogs.wsj.com/laidoff/2010/02/11/staying-healthy-and-sane-during-the-job-search/?KEYWORDS=exercise

No comments: