Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gwen Stefani’s ‘Superman’ Opens New Studio

“A SCOTS personal trainer to the stars is opening his own brand new state-of-the-art gym this weekend. Mike Heatlie, an Edinburgh-based fitness guru, will open his luxurious studio just days before jetting off to Los Angeles to knock superstar Gwen Stefani into shape ahead of her forthcoming world tour. Mike has ploughed over £100,000 of his own cash into the venture which will be officially opened by Scottish boxing world champion Alex Arthur on Saturday. Former-No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani, 39, said: ‘I’m so happy for Mike that he’s opening his own studio. I know it will be a huge success. I can’t wait to start working with him again in preparation for our summer tour. Mike is completely passionate about health and fitness and is a wonderful motivator. He is tireless, compassionate and makes working out something to look forward to. He is the Superman of my tour.’ Mike, who was recently named as Scotland’s fifth most eligible bachelor, will personally review his Edinburgh club’s members’ diet plans, with the overall fitness regimes and advice supervised by his own approved personal trainers. He said: “My aim is to offer a real feel-good factor to health and fitness training that is a step away from the experience encountered in a typical gym or health club. He added: “We want to offer an excellent level of service to people who take their health and fitness seriously. The aim is to provide a special experience that gets the right balance of being exclusive yet accessible to ordinary people concerned about their body condition.” There has already been a strong level of interest in membership of the luxury studio, and guests at the official opening will include many of Mike’s past and current clients. Boxing champ Alex Arthur said: ‘I’m delighted to be opening Mike’s new personal training studio, it is truly a beautiful facility, but knowing Mike Heatlie I wouldn’t expect anything less. Mike helped me mature physically when turning professional by introducing me to numerous training techniques that I had never heard of before and they dramatically increased my size, strength and power, which helped me overcome many of my opponents.’”

http://deadlinescotland.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/trainer-to-the-stars-opens-new-studio-691/

No comments: