Wednesday, March 25, 2009

RealRyder: A Spin Bike That Moves

“While attending the International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association convention last week, I was roped into a 20-minute spin class on a RealRyder bike. Even though I was in my jeans, I knew this was a piece of equipment I wanted to check out. It is a spin bike that moves side to side, which mimics banking a turn on a road bike. Inappropriate attire aside, the class was great. Learning how to make the bike lean (a combination of leaning and turning the handlebars) was a bit challenging at first, but I got the hang of it. I could feel my abs and arms working a lot more than they would have on a regular spin bike. The true challenge comes when you stand up and pedal while trying to keep the bike relatively centered. The side-to-side sway of the bike felt almost like riding on the road. To see how the this moving spin bike increases your calories burned per workout, read more. The RealRyer should help you burn more calories per workout: The more muscles activated means the more calories burned. If you have a chance to try one, I highly recommend it. More and more gyms, from British Columbia to Tennessee, are adding these new bikes to their cardio arsenal. Check the RealRyder website, find "Facilities" in the drop-down list under the "Partners" tab, to find out if a gym near you offers RealRyder spin classes. If you are interested in installing one of these bikes in your home gym, be prepared to drop about $2,000. Have you ridden a RealRyder? Tell me all about your experience below.”

http://www.fitsugar.com/2964098

No comments: