“Yes, we all sit too much, but will our sedentary ways reduce our lifespans? Olivia Judson, in a recent online Op-Ed column in The Times, told readers to ‘Stand Up While You Read This,’ and an article in The Times’s business section reviewed different models of standing desks. Are our sedentary life styles so pernicious that we need to rethink the current office culture — for example, switch to standing desks or exercise stations or change our work schedules? Or are there ways to stay in the chair 10 or 12 hours a day?
* Galen Cranz, author, ‘The Chair’
* Peter T. Katzmarzyk, Pennington Biomedical Research Center
* Josh Camson, Legal Geekery
* James A. Levine, professor of medicine, Mayo Clinic
* Jack Dennerlein, professor of ergonomics, Harvard”