“CheckFree, which was acquired by a peer two years ago, has now adopted the name of its parent company Fiserv. Brookfield, Wis.-based Fiserv Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) bought Norcross, Ga.-based CheckFree in December 2007 for $4.4 billion. CheckFree divisions and business units have about 4,000 employees. ‘CheckFree enjoyed 27 years of growth as we played a leading role in the movement from paper to electronic processes in financial services,’ said Fiserv Vice Chairman Pete Kight, in a news release. ‘With our vast cumulative expertise in payments, processing services, risk and compliance, customer and channel management, and business in intelligence and optimization we are singularly focused on defining and transforming the ways in which financial services are delivered.’
• CheckFree's Banking division is now Electronic Banking Solutions and CheckFree's Biller division is now Biller Solutions, Fiserv.
• CheckFree Health and Fitness is now Club Solutions, Fiserv.
• CheckFree Investment Services is now Investment Services at Fiserv.
• CheckFree's former software division is now integrated into existing Fiserv business units.
• All of CheckFree's prior acquisitions, including the Corillian and Carreker businesses, will use the Fiserv name and display the new brand identity.
• MyCheckFree.com and CheckFreePay walk-in payments, will retain their existing names.”