Thursday, July 9, 2009

Workouts Keep Rita in Shape at 90

“At 90 years young, a sprightly Mrs Spence can be found working out twice a week on exercise machines at Springs Health Club in Crossgate, South Shields. Not one content to see the grass grow under her feet, problems with arthritis persuaded the lively OAP to climb on the treadmill and step her way to a healthier life. Mrs Spence, who played golf regularly until she was 80, said:’"It's far too easy to just sit around.’ ‘When I developed arthritis in my ankles 10 years ago, I realised I needed to keep in shape and on the move, and started to go to Springs, where I was one of the first people to use the health club.’ ‘I go about twice a week and use the treadmill and other exercise machines at the gym.’ ‘I normally stay for up to two hours, and I find it really improves my arthritis, and helps me maintain my health.’”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Workouts-keep-Rita-in-shape.5439849.jp

No comments: