Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MY DIET STORY: Grandma Find Motivation In Granddaughter's Eyes

“Then one day when my granddaughter was 3, she looked at me and said, "Memere, why can't you go and play at the park with me, like the other kids' grandmothers?" I then decided that I wanted to live and be healthy. I needed to be here for her. HOW I DID IT: I started working for Cybex in Medway, which makes exercise equipment. And in November 2007, I went back to Weight Watchers. Our CEO at Cybex paid half of the membership. Since then, I have lost a total of 90 pounds. I hit the gym five days a week and work out early in the morning at Planet Fitness in Woonsocket, R.I., or in the company gym during lunch time. The company gym has treadmills, arc trainers, bikes and strength equipment. I generally walk on the treadmill, setting it at a steep incline, for 35 to 40 minutes and then I'll use the arc trainer for 10 minutes. With a steep incline you can burn just as many calories walking as if you were running. I also do strength training. Most days I'm in the gym at 5 a.m. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I attend Weight Watchers meetings once a week on Saturdays in North Smithfield, R.I. The support group and leader help keep me motivated. SECRET TIP: Sometimes I sleep in shorts and a T-shirt so I can just get up, put on my sneakers and go.”

http://www.dailynewstribune.com/lifestyle/columnists/x269050010/MY-DIET-STORY-Grandma-find-motivation-in-granddaughters-eyes

No comments: