“A professor of health and exercise science at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C., says adding a half hour of exercise a day is the key to a healthier lifestyle. ‘People don't realize you can get tremendous benefit from regular physical activity even if you never lose a pound,’ Peter Brubaker in a news release from the school. Brubaker, director of the healthy exercise and lifestyle programs at Wake Forest, has these suggestions about how to get more exercise each day:
· Don't feel like you need to exercise all at once. A few minutes here and there can add up to what you need.
· Walk. It's efficient and easy. If you wear a pedometer to track your mileage, studies suggest you'll boost your activity.
· Find ways to get exercise in your daily routine through things like taking the stairs.
· Track your exercise in a journal and don't worry so much about weight loss. If you do want to shed pounds, 60 minutes of exercise a day is a good place to start.
· Try a variety of activities and challenge your family and friends to join you in exercising 30 minutes a day.
· Set realistic expectations. Change takes time.”